Nelson claim victory in girls football tournament
- Credit: Archant
Nelson claimed victory in the Key Stage Two Year Five and Six Girls Football Tournament at Langdon Academy on February 26.
The participating schools were split into two groups before the competition advanced into a knockout phase.
Nelson topped group one by winning all four of their games, while St Luke's and Godwin came second and third respectively to advance into the next stage.
And in group two, St Helen's won three out of the four to top the group with St Joachim's coming second and Shaftersbury third.
The quarter-finals saw Nelson, St Joachim's, St Helen's and St Luke's all advance into the semi-finals.
You may also want to watch:
St Joachim's then fell to a 2-0 defeat to Nelson and St Helen's won on penalties after a 0-0 draw St Luke's.
Nelson then claimed competition victory as they won the final 2-0 while St Joachim's clinched third by beating St Luke's 1-0.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 7 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 10 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham