Basketball: NASSA juniors net more wins
- Credit: Archant
Newham All Star Sports Academy (NASSA) junior teams combined for more wins at the weekend.
The under-18s proved too strong for Barking RDF Lions, running out 79-50 winners.
And the under-14s dug deep despite injuries to two players to come back from 12 points down and win 63-58 at Chelmsford Lions.
Keanu Millington and David Jesubayode produced some good plays, along with Darys Dar and Thomas Hugaas to help seal the win.
The under-15s faced Lewisham Thunder in their first game of the season on Saturday but found it tough to break through a good zone defence and suffered a 59-49 defeat.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday saw the under-16s in National Cup action as they met Southend Scorpions and claimed a 76-50 win, with coach Luis Sanchez saying: “I am pleased with the progress of all the NASSA teams. We’ve seen the teams work really hard but we still have a lot more work to do.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test