Tavares thrashed in Essex Senior Cup
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior Cup preliminary round: Halstead Town 5 Lopes Tavares 0
Lopes Tavares suffered a hugely disappointing night away to Halstead Town in the preliminary round of the Essex Senior Cup on Tuesday night.
It was the second game of the campaign for Chris Davis' men and they showed lots of signs of rustiness.
Halstead only needed 16 minutes to open the scoring with Callum Vincent on target and Tavares, to their credit, held out for the majority of the first half.
Chris Harris doubled the hosts lead three minutes before the break though and it was the start of a great evening for him.
You may also want to watch:
He grabbed a second with 57 played before Curtis Abel compounded Lopes' misery in the 72nd minute.
The final word went to Harris, who completed a hat-trick with two minutes remaining at Millbank Stadium to conclude a terrible night for the Terence McMillan club.
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 3 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 6 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 7 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
Davis will hope his new-look team can bounce back on Saturday when they travel to Benfleet in the Thurlow Nunn League First Division South.