Long wait is finally over for Mitchell
Kevin Mitchell’s return to action at York Hall on Friday, February 10, sees him head the Frank Warren promotion with a line-up of local boxers on parade.
For the TKO Gym fighter, the show is a return to action after a long spell out of the ring following his superb success last July when he ended the unbeaten run of Manchester’s John Murray in their clash in Liverpool.
Promoter Warren stresses that another top-class performance from Mitchell could set up a ‘Battle of Britain’ world title meeting against Scot Ricky Burns, current holder of the WBO lightweight belt, this summer.
Also named for action on Saturday week is Mitchell’s regular training pal Eddie Hussain, who is looking to add a second victory to his pro record after winning his debut in September.
Lightweight Hussain, trained by his father and former Commonwealth title-holder Mo, was forced to pull out of a scheduled bout in December and now steps up for action on the show which features several boxers based at Canning Town’s ever-busy TKO Gym.
You may also want to watch:
Billy Morgan, another former West Ham amateur at the Canning Town gym, has won all five of his pro bouts to date, and is also on the undercard in another lightweight contest.
The show also features big-hitting Frank Buglioni, a super-middleweight hope who has blasted his two pro wins in quick time, joining Mitchell and Morgan in the stable trained by father and son Jimmy and Mark Tibbs.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 5 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 6 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 7 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 8 Leyton Orient searching for a new manager as they bid farewell to McAnuff
- 9 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
The Frank Warren promotion line-up includes Steve O’Meara’s Southern Area light-middleweight title defence, plus bouts featuring Gary Corcoran and new pro Bradley Saunders.