London Tang Soo Do lift impressive haul
- Credit: Archant
Members combine to good effect at regional championships
London Tang Soo Do members came away from the annual regional championships in Bristol with an impressive haul recently.
Competing in Weapons, Hyungs (Patterned form) and Fighting categories, the squad comprising of members from Upton Park, Canning Town and Leyton, won over 70 trophies, of which over 40 were first places.
The club also won the lucrative Black Belt Team Hyungs Division (Patterned Forms) and saw their teams finish first and second overall.
Their standout students were Kayden Sadsad, who won the Junior Grand Champion Cup after claiming three first places, and Ryan Bernarte, who moved into the elite category of second and third dan black belts in the men’s division and won first place in Weapons and Sparring and came second in the Hyungs.
You may also want to watch:
Rommel Bernarte said: “All of the students worked hard in preparation for this competition, training four to five times per week.
“Their commitment and dedication has been rewarded with all of the accolades received and are fully deserved. I am very proud of all them.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 9 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years