London Lions bolster squad with Tew
- Credit: Archant
London Lions have confirmed that they have added French big man, Alioune Tew, to the roster as they look to turn their fortunes around.
The Lions have been shorthanded since the departure of Trent Weaver so the six foot nine inch Tew slots straight in and will make his debut tomorrow against the Worcester Wolves.
Tew played his junior basketball in France before attending Junior College and College in the United States, The longest stint being at Niagara University in NCAA Division One.
Most recently he completed the 2018/19 season in NM1 in France with AS Kayserberg averaging six points and six rebounds.
Lions head coach Vince Macaulay said: "We needed an athlete under the basket who could protect the rim and be aggressive on the offensive end.
You may also want to watch:
"Alioune has the tools to do that as well as the ability to run the floor."
The Lions are in BBL Cup action tomorrow, Friday, when they host the Worcester Wolves at the University of East London with a 5pm tip, doors open 4.30pm.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 7 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 8 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
Tickets are available online at www.thelondonlions.com/discount-tickets-uel-games/.