London Lions draw Lithuanians in Champions League
- Credit: Archant
London Lions have been handed a dream tie against Lithuania’s Neptunas Klaipeda in the Basketball Champions League.
The first qualifying round draw was made in Switzerland and Lions will host the first leg of their tie at the Copper Box Arena on Tuesday September 15.
The return leg will take place in the Lithanian coastal town’s Svyturio Arena on Friday September 18.
If victorious, Lions will face Bulgaria’s Balkan Botevgrad or Tsmoki Minsk, of Belarus, in the second qualifying round, playing away on September 22 and back at the Copper Box on September 25.
Should Vince McAulay’s men come through that, they will go into the las-32 group stage and play against AEK (Greece), Brose Bamberg (Germany), Cholet (France), Fortitudo Bologna (Italy), Hapoel Holon (Israel), Pinar Karsiyaka (Turkey) and RETAbet Bilbao (Spain) in group D.
You may also want to watch:
Teams will meet home and away in a round-robin, from October 13 onwarsd, with schedule and tip-off times to be determined at a later date, and the four best ranked teams in each group will advance to the play-offs.
- 1 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 2 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 3 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 4 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 5 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 6 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 7 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 10 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn