Leyton Orient sign experienced midfielder Darren Pratley
- Credit: Leyton Orient Football Club
Leyton Orient have secured the services of experienced midfielder Darren Pratley.
Barking-born Pratley has arrived on a one-year deal following the expiry of his contract at Charlton Athletic.
With an option of a second year based on appearances, the 36-year-old is eager to get going: "I’m delighted. This is a massive club in the division. It’s a local club to me and I’m happy to be here.”
The first signing of new manager Kenny Jackett, Pratley explains his special relationship with the gaffer: "Kenny signed me 15-years ago at Swansea, when I was 21. It was a no brainer."
From the manager's standpoint, the acquisition feels a shrewd one: “He has got good leaderships skills, not least by being a good player. He is a good athlete.
You may also want to watch:
"I think he will help us to dominate the midfield. He has experience and leadership and it’s a very good signing for us.”
As a show of belief in his first signing, Jackett has appointed Pratley - who boasts over 500 professional appearances - as club captain.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 3 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 7 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 8 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 9 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 10 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing