Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Leyton Orient interim manager Jobi McAnuff explained the reasoning behind leaving Jamie Turley out on the starting line-up as they drew 2-2 with Harrogate Town.
The 31-year-old has started the last 10 consecutive matches since McAnuff took charge of the O’s but the boss felt the experienced defender probably was in need of a rest.
He had only featured 10 times in all competitions prior to that this season with most of his appearances coming in the EFL Trophy, League Cup and FA Cup.
"I had a good chat with Turls, it’s probably the most important that he has played for a very long time, as he has started 10 games on the bounce which I don’t even think he knows the last time he did that,” McAnuff said.
“I just felt on Saturday that it caught up with him a little bit, bit off the pace, and we’ve got options and people that are fresh so at this stage in the season for me that freshness and ability to have that energy around the pitch is very important.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a little bit of reset for him, he has been absolutely fantastic for me, and certainly he’ll be better for it on Saturday.”
Turley could return to the starting line-up for the home fixture against Barrow on Saturday (12.30pm).
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 5 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 6 Player ratings: Coufal shines as West Ham fall to Everton defeat
- 7 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 8 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 9 West Ham defender Coufal frustrated with Everton defeat
- 10 We're down, but not out insists West Ham boss Moyes after Everton loss