Clapton still awaiting Old Spotted Dog update
- Credit: Archant
Clapton are still awaiting confirmation on whether a number of their games will go ahead or have to be moved to new venues as they wait for news on the Old Spotted Dog.
The Tons have played at the ground in Forest Gate for more than 130 years but have been unable to fulfil their fixtures at the facility so far this campaign.
An Essex Senior League statement said: "The club has maintained contact with the League since Heineken UK sought to re-possess the ground from the leaseholders, Newham Community Leisure Limited.
"It is also finding alternative venues for its home fixtures, with a number of these being played at Aveley Football Club."
There is also speculation the club may have already played their last match at the Dog.
You may also want to watch:
"It is understood Heineken UK have been accepting proposals from interested parties to take on the lease and are aware the Clapton FC have and understand Clapton Community FC may have also put forward proposals," the league statement added.
- 1 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 2 Plaistow shisha bar handed closure order for flouting lockdown rules
- 3 Fire breaks out at Beckton superstore
- 4 How many Covid-19 vaccinations have been given where you live?
- 5 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 6 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 7 'Severe maladministration' by Newham Council in housing complaint handling
- 8 Future of Carpenters Estate tower block is a step closer
- 9 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 10 Celebrating International Women's Day