School sport: Langdon bag girls handball title
- Credit: Archant
Langdon were crowned champions of the Langdon Academy Sport Partnership Year One and Two Handball competition.
The competition was just among three teams including the winners Langdon, Altmore and St Winefride's as they battled it out for the title.
In the group stages the teams all played each other twice to see which two teams would progress into the final.
Langdon drew their first match 2-2 with Altmore, before they sealing a huge 6-1 win over St Winefride's.
They once again drew with Altmore this time it was 3-3 before comfortably winning 4-1 against St Winefride's to top the group with two wins and two draws.
You may also want to watch:
Altmore matched that record but finished second in the group on goal difference while third-place St Winefride's failed to win a match.
In the final Langdon ran out 3-2 winners in a well fought contest against Altmore to win the crown.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19