Kings Cross Steelers suffer defeat on opening day
- Credit: Archant
Kings Cross Steelers suffered a heavy 44-14 defeat at home to Chelmsford on the opening day of the London 3 Essex season.
Two tries from Jack Acorn and Scott James as well as Ryan Ashworth and Jobi Fisher along with two penalties and three conversions from Harry Moseley sealed the points for Chelmsford at Memorial Park in West Ham.
After sustained pressure Chelmsford took the lead in just three minutes, when they were awarded penalty, kicked by Harry Moseley.
Chelmsford then began to give away too many penalties which gave both ground and the opportunity for the Steelers to level the score through a penalty.
But the visitors regrouped and were soon back in the lead before taking a 13-6 lead into the break.
You may also want to watch:
After half-time Steelers scored their only try before Chelmsford ran riot with a number of tries.
The Steelers will now travel away to Harlow this weekend for their first away match of the season.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19