Clapton CFC progress into Alec Smith Cup quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
Alec Smith Cup: Hillingdon 0 Clapton CFC 3
Clapton's men's team brushed aside an ill-disciplined Hillingdon on Saturday to progress into the quarter-finals of the Alec Smith Cup on Saturday.
The Uxbridge-based side were the architects of their own downfall, conceding two penalties and getting two men sent off in an action-packed opening half.
The first penalty was dispatched by CCFC's Stefan Nielsen early on and a couple of minutes later, the same man had another chance from the spot, but Hillingdon keeper Joe Sellick saved well.
On 16 minutes, Clapton doubled their advantage as Joshua Adejokun finished off after being played through by a Sham Darr reverse pass.
You may also want to watch:
Then the frustrated hosts let their emotions boil over. Paul Griffin and Frederick Hayes both got their matching orders for lashing out at CCFC players who had dribbled past them.
Clapton only managed to add one more goal with another cool Joshua Adejokun finish, after being set up by his brother Noah.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money