Football curry kings battle it out for charity in Newham
- Credit: Archant
A caterers football tournament at Newham Leisure proved to be a huge hit as 12 teams locked horns for on field supremacy, writes Emdad Rahman.
The football festival was organised by Team Rohingya, in partnership with Human Aid UK and the Inner London Football League.
A tight final saw Moguls takeaway from Roman Road, Bow beat Shah’s from Warwick 2-1 with Selim and man of the match Mo the goalscorer.
After thanking the tournament sponsors, Riverside Spice restaurant from Colchester and Mojlish takeaway from Chelmsford, tournament co-ordinator Abdul Hussain said: “So many of us combined for a great cause to answer the call of the indigent and neglected.
“We want the Rohingya and all the needy to know that we are here for them.”
You may also want to watch:
Aminur Rahman from Human Aid UK added: “We’ve played a bit of football and raised lots of much needed funds for the stricken Rohingya people.”
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 6 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 7 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 8 Blind protester jailed for plane stunt at London City Aiport
- 9 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 10 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency