Euro bronze for Facey Thompson
- Credit: Archant
Newham’s Ashley Facey Thompson won a team bronze medal at the European Para Table Tennis Championships in Sweden.
Alongside Kim Daybell and Josh Stacey in the men's class 10 event, the British trio faced France in the semi-final.
Facey Thompson and Daybell won the doubles 3-0, rallying from 8-5 down to win the first game 12-10.
But Stacey lost the first singles 3-0 and Daybell was beaten 3-1 by former World, Paralympic and European champion Gilles De La Boudronnaye as the French went through.
Facey Thompson said: "Me and Kim played a really good doubles match. The only doubles team we have lost to in two Europeans now is Poland, who are world champions and that is the target in doubles we need to get to so we can challenge for higher medals.
You may also want to watch:
"It is good to have another major medal and good for Josh to get a medal at his first Europeans."
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money