Former Essex captain Ryan ten Doeschate set to retire
- Credit: Nick Wood/TGS Photo
Former Essex club captain and Netherlands international Ryan ten Doeschate will retire at the end of 2021, the county has announced.
The all-rounder joined Essex in 2003, captaining them to two County Championship titles and playing a key role in their Bob Willis Trophy triumph last season.
He also made 55 white-ball appearances for the Netherlands.
“From the bottom of my heart I’d like to thank everyone who has been involved with Essex during my time at the club," the 41-year-old said.
“It’s been the greatest professional experience to grow in this environment, to watch the organisation and the individuals within it evolve and become something that I am extremely proud to have been a part of.
You may also want to watch:
“Coming from Cape Town, to be given a chance to pursue my dream seems a million moons ago.
"We’ve shared some remarkable times but for me, the biggest achievement has been making a home away from home."
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham