Essex Senior League: Ten-men London Bari denied win by late Waltham Forest equaliser
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League; London Bari 2 Waltham Forest 2
London Bari were denied victory at home to Waltham Forest in the Essex Senior League by a late equaliser for the visitors at the Old Spotted Dog.
Bari headed into the match without a win in five in the league and had given up a two-goal lead at Sporting Bengal United on Saturday to draw 2-2.
Chris Davis’ men did not get off to the best of starts against Forest as they had a man sent off with 30 minutes gone.
Things got even worse for the hosts just before half-time when the visitors took the lead as Brian Moses scored from the penalty spot.
You may also want to watch:
Davis must have delivered a splendid team-talk at the break as Bari drew level just seven minutes into the second half.
The hosts then took the lead at the Old Spotted Dog in the 64th minute and looked to be on course for a first league win since November 1.
- 1 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 6 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 10 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
But with two minutes remaining, Forest struck to restore parity as the match ended level.
Bari host West Essex in the league on Saturday before entertaining their divisional rivals in the cup again on Tuesday.