Essex Senior League: Clapton fall to in-form Stansted
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Clapton are now winless in three Essex Senior League matches as they fell to a 5-2 defeat against Stansted.
A hat-trick for Jordan Palmer and goals from Callum Ibe and Olly Bell sealed the three points for the Airportmen to keep them second in the table while the Tons dropped down to ninth.
The visitors broke the deadlock in the 42nd minute and went on to make it 3-0 before the half-time break thanks to Ibe and a pair of goals from Palmer.
Palmer then bagged his third as soon as the second-half kicked off to make it 4-0.
Clapton were then awarded a penalty which was dispatched to reduce the deficit to 4-1 but Stansted’s Bell made it 5-1.
You may also want to watch:
The Tons scored another late on to make it 5-2 but it was too little too late for them.
Jonny Fowell’s side will now travel to Leyton Athletic on Wednesday evening as they look to bounce back after a poor run of late in the league.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money