Essex Senior League: Clapton visit old rivals Ilford; London Bari beat Burnham Ramblers
- Credit: Archant
Two Old Spotted Dog clubs face a number of tricky league encounters over the next seven days
Clapton will be targeting more away success in the Essex Senior League this week with trips to llford and Basildon United.
Jon Fowell’s team ended their four-match winless run by earning an impressive 1-0 victory at Takeley on Saturday.
Stefan Nielsen netted the only goal of the game at Station Road with quarter of an hour played to earn his side three points.
It was the forward’s first goal for the Tons and delighted the travelling Clapton Ultras.
Fowell’s men visit local rivals Ilford at Cricklefield Stadium tonight (Wednesday) for an historic encounter which has been played on and off since the two sides were founder members of the Southern League in 1894.
You may also want to watch:
Since the Foxes returned to the Essex Senior League for the 2013/14 campaign, they have failed to beat Clapton in six attempts and lost four times.
Tons will hope that record can continue this evening and if it does it will give them even more confidence ahead of Saturday’s trip to Basildon United at the Stuart Bingham Stadium.
- 1 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 6 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 10 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
Meanwhile divisional rivals Barkingside are offering a special ticket discount for Clapton fans for their league match on Monday (November 7).
Stansted visit Cricklefield to take on Side and the admission price is £7, but Tons supporters will be let in for just £4.
The reason Barkingside are doing this special ticket discount for Clapton fans is because their former manager Michael Walther is now assistant at the Airportmen.
A statement on the Side official website read: “We think that the support Clapton fans give to your club is fantastic so that’s why we are offering this for you to come and see your former manager.
“There will be a collection on the night raising donations for the homeless. For any more information please contact Barkingside chairman Jimmy Flanaghan on 07956 894194.”
London Bari face two tricky tests over the next week as they look to move up the table, but will be much more confident after last night.
The east Londoners hosted Burnham Ramblers at the Old Spotted Dog for their first league match since October 18.
A first half goal at the Old Spotted Dog was enough to give Chris Davis and his team all three points following a 1-0 win.
Bari are up to 15th now and entertain high-flying Takeley on Saturday, before a trip to Sawbridgeworth Town next Tuesday (November 8). The east Londoners lost both previous meetings earlier this season.