Elmhurst Primary School win Newham youth cricket competition
- Credit: Archant
Elmhurst were crowned the winners of Newham School Sports Association’s year five and six mixed cricket competition on Friday, November 15.
16 schools took part in the event held at Newham Leisure Centre with the top team from each of the four groups advancing into the knockout rounds.
Central Park, Lathom and Colegrave all joined Elmhurst in the knockout stages.
In the semi-finals, Elmhurst hit 93-1 off eight overs while opponents Central Park could only manage 57-1, giving Elmhurst a 36-run victory.
Lathom then caught Colegrave's 43-0 in just 4.3 overs as they set up an exciting final with Elmhurst.
You may also want to watch:
Elmhurst were able to reach 45-1 after 3.3 overs to catch Lathom's 44-6 to be named as winners.
In the game for third place, Colegrave won a close game against Central Park by just three runs, hitting 63-1.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 6 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 7 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation