Elmhurst Primary School win Newham youth cricket competition
- Credit: Archant
Elmhurst were crowned the winners of Newham School Sports Association’s year five and six mixed cricket competition on Friday, November 15.
16 schools took part in the event held at Newham Leisure Centre with the top team from each of the four groups advancing into the knockout rounds.
Central Park, Lathom and Colegrave all joined Elmhurst in the knockout stages.
In the semi-finals, Elmhurst hit 93-1 off eight overs while opponents Central Park could only manage 57-1, giving Elmhurst a 36-run victory.
Lathom then caught Colegrave's 43-0 in just 4.3 overs as they set up an exciting final with Elmhurst.
You may also want to watch:
Elmhurst were able to reach 45-1 after 3.3 overs to catch Lathom's 44-6 to be named as winners.
In the game for third place, Colegrave won a close game against Central Park by just three runs, hitting 63-1.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 7 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 8 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 9 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing