Hockey: East London women combine to good effect
- Credit: Archant
East London’s women combined for an excellent set of results at the weekend.
The firsts drew 2-2 with Cambridge University, while the seconds shared four goals with Brentwood.
And the thirds beat their Bedford rivals 2-0, while the fourths pipped Saffron Walden 2-1.
All three goals came from corners, with Alice putting East ahead before they were pegged back.
After dominating the second half, East got their reward as Tara Annison fired across goal for Cat Weber to score the winner.
You may also want to watch:
The fifths drew 0-0 with Chelmsford thirds, while the sixth team hit Colne for six as Belinda LeMesurier (2), Penny Newson, Emma Brookes, Tanith Cook and Danae Lopez netetd in a 6-0 win.
The eighths beat Thurrock 3-1, but the sevenths fell to a 1-0 defeat.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
East London's men drew 1-1 with Chelmsford, while the thirds beat Braintree (3-2) and the fifths defeated Southend seconds (4-3).
The sixth team shared four goals with Old Southendian thirds, while the sevenths drew 0-0 with Chelmsford fourths.