The East London Football Podcast
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Jacob Ranson is joined by Dan Bennett and Dave Evans for the East London Football Podcast to discuss West Ham, Leyton Orient and Dagenham & Redbridge.
Dave Evans gave his thoughts ahead of West Ham's return to action following the international break as they travel to Aston Villa on Monday night.
He discussed the Hammers' best ever penalty takers following his in-depth article looking at who has been the most successful, which you can read here.
We also talked about West Ham Women, who got their season off to a losing start as they were beaten 2-1 by Arsenal.
Jacob Ranson and Dan Bennett reviewed Leyton Orient's 3-1 defeat at home to Swindon Town and examined where they need to improve.
Next up for Orient is a trip to league leaders Exeter following a home clash with in-form Crewe, with the pair giving their opinions on whether Ross Embleton's side can get anything from those games.
You may also want to watch:
Also discussed was Dagenham & Redbridge's 1-0 win away at Maidenhead United, with Dan giving his summary after attending the game as well as previewing their next match against Hartlepool.
That was followed by a round-up of this week's non-league fixtures, with several eye-catching games taking place.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen