East End Road Runners show best form
- Credit: Archant
Club athletes compete at home and abroad
East End Road Runners combined for a host of personal bests in their latest outings at the weekend.
An intrepid group travelled to Portugal with Seth and Tess Healey, Sarah Bermand, Ravi Atkinson and Ian Pithouse all competing in a 15k event.
Nuno Andrade, Olga Stignii and Celine Homsey ran a full marathon, with Jamie Zucker clocking a new best of 3:16 over the 26.2-mile distance.
Closer to home, Dennis Sherwood ran the Stevenage half marathon, while Jacqueline Francis set a new best of 63.00 at the Olympic Park 10k alongside Simon Leung-Chester.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Jackson clocked 51.55 at the Greenwick Park Winter 10k, while Peter Webb finished the Leeds Abbey Dash in 56.05 and Alice Clilverd ran her sixth marathon at the Thames Meander event and clocked a new best.
For more information about the club visit eerr.org.uk.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 4 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test