Dubois wins British Heavyweight Championship
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Daniel Dubois is the new British Heavyweight Champion after beating Nathan Gorman at the 02 Arena on Saturday.
The 21-year-old stopped Gorman in the fifth round, showing his ability early on by responding to Gorman's dangerous early hooks with some powerful punches of his own.
Gorman went down in the third round after a barrage of punches but got back up and responded well.
A huge right hand almost sent Gorman down at the start of the fifth round before a number of devastating hits eventually led to the fight being stopped.
Dubois, who used to train at Islington Boxing Club and Dale Youth Boxing Club but now fights out of Canning Town's Peacock Gym, said: "My thanks to Martin and Tony Bowers, along with everybody at the Peacock and my promoter Frank Warren, they are helping me to reach the top - and I'm going all the way.
You may also want to watch:
"I am not worried who I face next - I will leave that to my team."
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham