Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Dagenham & Redbridge are reportedly interested in bringing back former Leyton Orient right-back Sam Ling.
The 24-year-old, who has spent the past three and a half seasons with the O’s, after joining from the Daggers back in February 2018.
The right-back played a key role as Orient won the National League title during the 2018/19 season.
Ling went on to become a regular for the O's in the seasons that followed where he made 80 appearances in all competitions, finding the net on two occasions.
Prior to returning to his boyhood club, Ling was at Dagenham under John Still, where he played 40 times and scored three times before the club went into financial issues and in swooped the O's.
You may also want to watch:
Leyton Orient director and dad Martin Ling was keen to thank the National League title winning members on the release list, by saying: “It’s important we thank them for the work they put in, and recognise they will always be a big part of our history, in getting us out of the National League. “
“They deserve a special recognition, as they helped us get the club to where it is as this precise moment.”
- 1 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 2 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 9 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 10 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate