Cleveland celebrate win in girls’ football event
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Langdon Academy Sport Partnership
Cleveland Primary School had reason to celebrate after winning the Langdon Academy Sport Partnership Year Three & Four Girls’ Football Competition.
Six teams took part in the event, with Cleveland joined by Aldersbrook, Sandringham, St Edward’s, St Joachim’s and St Luke’s.
The teams all took part in an initial round-robin stage which saw schools play each of their opponents once.
With the top four qualifying for the semi-finals, Cleveland, St Luke’s, Sandringham and St Joachim’s all progressed to the knockout stages.
You may also want to watch:
Cleveland were able to beat St Joachim’s 2-0 in their semi-final, while St Luke’s held their nerve to beat Sandringham on penalties following a goalless draw in the other match in the final four.
Sandringham secured third place with a 1-0 win over St Joachim’s in a play-off match, before Cleveland and St Luke’s met in the final.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 8 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
In a close-fought match, Cleveland showed good composure to win on penalties after the match ended goalless.