Clapton fall to third straight defeat
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Essex Senior League: St Margaretsbury 1 Clapton 0
Clapton fell to a third consecutive defeat in the Essex Senior League and fell down to 15th in the table as they lost 1-0 to St Margaretsbury.
A goal from Charncey Dash sealed the three points for The Bury and help them climb up to ninth in the table at the Recreation Ground.
The game hwoever was foreshadowed by a nasty gash to the hosts Tommy Fletcher’s head - he was rushed off to hospital and has since returned home all ok.
St Margaretsbury manager Max Mitchell tweeted: “Ugly 1-0 win and down to bare bones great character from the squad to get us through with another three points in the bag.
You may also want to watch:
“Rest up Tommy Fletcher.”
The Tons have two home matches at the Old Spotted Dog this week as they look to turn their fortunes around - first they host Enfield on Tuesday evening before also welcoming in-form Hullbridge Sports on Saturday afternoon.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash