Clapton managerial search underway as management team move to Leatherhead
- Credit: Clapton FC
Clapton are searching for a new manager as head of football operations Qayum Shakoor and manager Mustafa Bashkal have joined Isthmian Premier League side Leatherhead.
The duo will take up roles as head of football and first-team coach respectively as they make the step up two levels after the Tanners decided to part company with Nikki Bull after three seasons in charge.
He was initially player/manager, and it was his second managerial job after his two years in charge at Margate.
Mustafa Bashkal said: "I'd just like to thank everyone at Clapton. Took me on with open arms and allowed me to feel at home.
"I will always want the best for the club."
You may also want to watch:
The Tanners are bottom of the Pitching In isthmian Premier, and without a victory since the opening day.
Clapton however are due to host White Ensign on Saturday and therefore will be determined to get a new manager in place.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 8 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 9 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 10 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled