Clapton’s clash at Greenhouse abandoned
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Greenhouse Sports 0 Clapton 1
Clapton’s match at Greenhouse Sports in the Essex Senior League was abandoned late on after a serious injury last night (Monday).
The hosts Kofi Nsia sustained a broken leg with four minutes remaining at Coles Park and the clash was abandoned.
A goal from Roddy Lemba had put Tons ahead and it appears they have been given the points by the Essex Senior League.
Both teams went into the match full of confidence after Sports had seen off Waltham Forest 3-1 on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Michael Walther’s Old Spotted Dog outfit had earned a 2-0 win over Tower Hamlets to continue their good form.
Even though the two sides created chances in the first half, it remained goalless at the break in front of the 73 in attendance.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 6 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 7 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
But Clapton took the lead with around quarter of an hour remaining when Sherwin Stanley raced down the left and crossed into the box.
Lemba was on hand to score with a diving header which only just crossed the line and the linesman did well to spot it was over.
The night was overshadowed, however, when Nsia unfortunately broke his leg four minutes from the 90 at Coles Park.
Greenhouse had to wait around 40 minutes for an ambulance to arrive and during this time the Clapton Ultras did a whip-round for the injured footballer.
It once again highlights the incredible class of the Tons supporters and all involved will wish Nsia a speedy recovery.
Next up for Walther’s men is a trip to league leaders FC Romania on Saturday. If the 1-0 result against Greenhouse stands, they have moved up to seventh in the table.