Clapton progress into quarter-finals of London Cup
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
London Senior Cup: Erith Town 4 Clapton 4 (3-4 penalties)
Clapton progressed into the quarter-finals of the London Senior Cup as they secured a penalty shoot-out win against Erith Town.
The 10-men Tons battled back to make it 4-4 and send the game into penalties where they won 4-3 against the Southern Counties East League Premier Division at the Erith Sports Stadium.
They will now face either Tooting & Mitcham or Harrow Borough in their quarter-final tie.
Defender Dylan Ebengo tweeted after the match: “What a win in the London cup, longest 120 minutes I’ve played, especially when you go down to 10 men in the 80th minute and are 4-3 down in extra time with two minutes to go.
You may also want to watch:
“To captain the side to a fantastic penalty win, I’m so proud of every single player today.”
Lanre Vigo also tweeted: “My body is finished but honestly it was worth it, proud of all the boys that played for Clapton Football tonight, with God, hunger and desire you can do the impossible.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 6 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 7 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals
- 8 'Kindly keep out of Stratford': Johnson criticised over cycling trip
- 9 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims