Clapton women crash out of the FA Cup
- Credit: Archant
FA Cup: Clapton Community FC 2 Oakwood Ladies 3
Clapton Community were unable to make it to the first round proper of the Women's FA Cup, losing a bruising preliminary round encounter with Oakwood Ladies.
A noisy crowd of 261, including a smattering of away fans, had not been put off by the grim weather.
They got their noses in front early on when Naomi Scriven squared to Capucine Riom to slot home but a quickfire double put Oakwood back in the driving seat after just 12 minutes.
Then Ana Holmes levelled the score with an excellent angled lob.
You may also want to watch:
The Crawley-based visitorsthen managed to hit the back of the net again to make it 3-2 on 40 minutes.
The second half momentum was all with Clapton and they had a goal ruled out on a narrow offside decision and an effort cleared off the line.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
Despite the new women's team's first defeat, spirits were high among the red and white faithful.