Clapton women get off to a strong start with Luton win
- Credit: Archant
Clapton Community FC 4 Luton Town Ladies Reserves 0
Clapton Community got their Greater London Football League season off to a flying start with a 4-0 demolition of Luton Town Ladies Reserves in Walthamstow on Sunday.
The home side looked a class above from the off and opened the scoring early on through Ana Holmes.
Their second goal, involved great build up play from Emily Link and then Naomi Scriven, who crossed to the far post. Holmes was waiting there to emphatically volley home.
The second half followed the pattern of the first, with most of the traffic going towards the Luton goal.
You may also want to watch:
Scriven got her name on the scoresheet, finishing off a driving run by slotting in off the far post. And she got a double as well, rounding off an impressive league debut for the Tons.
This side, playing as AFC Stoke Newington last season, have only just gained promotion from the tier below, but very much looked the part in this game.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 4 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test