Clapton come good for win
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Essex Senior League: Clapton 3 Eton Manor 2
Clapton came from two goals down to earn victory over Manor at the Old Spotted Dog last night.
Beaten at Basildon on the opening day of the season, Tons fell behind to a superb long-range effort from Eren Mehmet after 25 minutes.
And after Michael Walther’s men saw an effort ruled out, they conceded a second goal 10 minutes later when Chid Onokwai struck.
Kingsley Davidson hit back five minutes before the break to give Tons hope, in front of a crowd of 241, but they saw another ‘goal’ disallowed after the restart.
You may also want to watch:
Quinten Monville levelled on the hour, though, and Khadean Campbell netted Clapton’s winner on 80 minutes.
London Bari visit Ilford tonight (Wednesday), while Newham play host to Sporting Bengal at Tilbury.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Moyes praises determination of squad as West Ham beat rivals Tottenham
- 10 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks