Clapton come good for win
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Essex Senior League: Clapton 3 Eton Manor 2
Clapton came from two goals down to earn victory over Manor at the Old Spotted Dog last night.
Beaten at Basildon on the opening day of the season, Tons fell behind to a superb long-range effort from Eren Mehmet after 25 minutes.
And after Michael Walther’s men saw an effort ruled out, they conceded a second goal 10 minutes later when Chid Onokwai struck.
Kingsley Davidson hit back five minutes before the break to give Tons hope, in front of a crowd of 241, but they saw another ‘goal’ disallowed after the restart.
Quinten Monville levelled on the hour, though, and Khadean Campbell netted Clapton’s winner on 80 minutes.
London Bari visit Ilford tonight (Wednesday), while Newham play host to Sporting Bengal at Tilbury.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 3 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 4 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 7 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 8 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'