Clapton CFC return to action with cup tie against Wakebury
- Credit: Rebecca Sigrist
After a weekend off, Clapton CFC men’s first team return to action on Saturday with a home BBC Essex Premier Cup tie against Wakebury.
It’s a clash of two in-form sides as both teams have identical records so far in their respective leagues this season, winning six of their seven matches.
It’s Clapton's first home game for three weeks, and then there will none for another three weeks.
Wakebury, nicknamed The Berries, formed in 2016 and started their journey in the Southend Borough Combination Division 2.
They were promoted to the SBC Premier Division and after two seasons at the level, they achieved Essex Olympian league status in 2019.
You may also want to watch:
Management duo Matt Cardy and Dan Blewett have secured two promotions in three seasons.
Meanwhile Clapton CFC’s women take on Walton Casuals Reserves on Sunday following a 1-1 draw against Headstone Manor on October 10.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 10 Moyes praises determination of squad as West Ham beat rivals Tottenham