Clapton CFC progress in Essex Premier Cup
- Credit: Archant
Clapton CFC progressed to the third round of the Essex Premier Cup with a 2-1 win over Runwell Sports on Saturday.
The opposition, who play a step below Clapton in the Essex Olympian League Division One, struggled to contain their East London visitors.
One corner fell to defender Dean Bouho, who fired it through a pack of bodies, and winger Josh Adejokun showed great reactions to flick the ball over the diving Runwell keeper for an early opening goal.
Clapton's second came from a corner as well as left-back Justin Cummins' delivery caused chaos, eventually dropping to Fama Sangare, who popped it into the corner.
But a killer third goal did not come and Runwell began to grow in confidence which saw them reduce the deficit when Joe Olley squeezed a shot home from a tight angle.
You may also want to watch:
The Essex side pushed for a late equaliser, but Clapton held on to book a home tie against Leigh Town in the next round.
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 4 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 5 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 8 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 9 West Ham boss Moyes not giving up on European dream despite Brighton draw
- 10 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans