Clapton CFC crash out of Essex Premier Cup
- Credit: Archant
Clapton CFC men’s team slipped out of the BBC Essex Premier Cup in disappointing circumstances on Saturday in a replayed game in wet and windy conditions.
The East London side won the original second round tie 2-1, but the Essex FA ordered it to be played again due to roll-on-roll-off substitutes wrongly being used by the referee in the game.
The first half of the re-run was a tight affair with most attention drawn to a home fan streaker wearing boxing gloves, boxer shorts and very little else!
But the game changed in the 40th minute when young Clapton winger Noah Adejokun was tripped and responded by pushing and shoving the opposition full-back.
Both were sent off in what was Clapton CFC's first-ever straight red card.
You may also want to watch:
That opened up the tie and Runwell scored within the first minute of the second half through youngster Caden Vine.
Five minutes later Clapton were back level from the penalty spot thanks to Cemal Agdelen.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 7 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 8 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
But with 10 minutes left, Runwell scored a soft winner.