Clapton CFC salvage point at Hampton & Richmond Borough
- Credit: Archant
Greater London Women’s Division One: Hampton & Richmond Borough 2 Clapton Community 2
Clapton CFC women salvaged a point against Hampton & Richmond Borough as they drew 2-2 at the weekend.
The visitors had the majority of possession and chances in the first half with Naomi Scriven bullying the Hampton left back with powerful runs.
The opening goal came from a Scriven delivery from the right that was almost impossible to defend as forward Harriet Plows rushed in to head home.
Hampton headed in a corner at the back post to level the score on the stroke of half-time.
You may also want to watch:
And that equaliser galvanised the hosts, who emerged in the second period with a stronger shape and more attacking thrust.
They took the lead shortly after the restart when a swirling cross deceived keeper Sophia Axelsson and flew straight into the net.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 7 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
And it took a moment of magic on 75 minutes to get Clapton CFC on even terms again as midfielder Zhane Amoaten curled a shot into the top corner.