Clapton CFC get first away win of MCFL season
- Credit: Archant
Clapton CFC got their first away win of the MCFL season, coming from behind to defeat PFC Victoria in west London on Saturday.
The hosts converted their early pressure into a lead when Kamil Wrobel turned a low cross into the corner.
But Clapton fired back when a scooped Sherwin Stanley through ball was converted by onrushing midfielder Julian Austin.
Shortly afterwards, Stanley set up another. His cross from the right was met by a Bilal Hussain diving header to make it 2-1.
A couple of top Jack Francis saves kept the Tons in front going into the break.
You may also want to watch:
But just after the restart, Victoria equalised through striker Piotr Murawski who prodded in a cutback from the right past Francis.
Clapton's winner came when the Victoria keeper spilled a long shot by player-manager Geoff Ocran, who rushed in to finish.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
The visitors then managed to cling on for the three points, despite being down a man for ten minutes, with Ocran sin-binned for dissent.