Clapton beat Bari in FA Cup derby
- Credit: Archant
FA Cup: London Bari 1 Clapton 3
Clapton booked their place in the preliminary round of the FA Cup with victory over London Bari at their Old Spotted Dog ground.
Michael Walther’s Tons were the away side for their derby tie, but looked right at home as they took the lead through Reece Hewitt, thanks to an assist from Tony Cookey.
Hewitt then turned provider as his good work set up Freddie Morris for the second Clapton goal and Nathan Cook teed up substitute Fahad Nyanja for number three.
After banking £1,500 in prize money, Clapton will now visit the winners of the tie between Sporting Bengal and Ipswich Wanderers, which is being played on Sunday at Wadham Lodge, in the next round on August 20.
You may also want to watch:
Tons return to league action on Tuesday when they welcome Stansted to the Old Spotted Dog.
Clapton: Pape Diagne, Bradley Joseph, Abraham Jairette, James Lyndon, Hassan Jaffa, Oti Ikomi, Tony Cookey, Freddie Morris, Reece Hewitt, Nathan Cook, Johnny Ashman. Subs: Kristian Haighton, Euan Taylor-Reid, Will Mobray, Tom Webb, Mendez Gomex Formoso, Djalo Djibril, Fahad Nyanja.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 6 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Shadrach Ogie back in contention for O's trip to Bristol Rovers
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Antonio and Rice fire West Ham to win over Dinamo Zagreb in Europa League