Calverton Primary School wins silver for Newham at London Youth Games
- Credit: Archant
Calverton Primary School represented Newham at the London Youth Games last week and won silver in tennis.
The school has now finished in the top three in year five and six tennis at the London Youth Games for the last three years.
After winning the group stage by not losing a single match and beating Bexley, Sutton and Lewisham 4-0, the team went on to the quarter-finals where they also beat Lambeth 4-0.
Calverton played Richmond in the semi-final and won 3-1.
They then met Barnet in the final, drawing 2-2 in games only for Barnet to win on a points system, 18-16.
You may also want to watch:
The London Youth Games take place every year with young people across each London borough competing in a range of sports.
More than 1.5 million youngsters took part in the games last year.
- 1 Fire breaks out at Beckton superstore
- 2 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 3 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 4 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 5 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 6 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 7 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 8 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences