Calverton Primary School wins silver for Newham at London Youth Games
- Credit: Archant
Calverton Primary School represented Newham at the London Youth Games last week and won silver in tennis.
The school has now finished in the top three in year five and six tennis at the London Youth Games for the last three years.
After winning the group stage by not losing a single match and beating Bexley, Sutton and Lewisham 4-0, the team went on to the quarter-finals where they also beat Lambeth 4-0.
Calverton played Richmond in the semi-final and won 3-1.
They then met Barnet in the final, drawing 2-2 in games only for Barnet to win on a points system, 18-16.
You may also want to watch:
The London Youth Games take place every year with young people across each London borough competing in a range of sports.
More than 1.5 million youngsters took part in the games last year.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 3 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham