Brampton crowned Langdon football champions
- Credit: Archant
Brampton pupils came out on top in a year five and six football competition staged by the Langdon Academy Sport Partnership.
The group stage tournament was made up of 27 teams in eight groups at Langdon Academy, with Brampton beating Aldersbrook in a penalty shoot-out in the final.
The top two teams from each progressed into the knock-out stages of the competition where Brampton sealed a 2-1 win over North Beckton.
The youngsters then won a penalty shoot-out over Rosetta in the quarter-finals before then beating Star 2-0 in the semi-finals to earn a place in the final.
Star did bag third place at the event as they also won on penalties against Essex in the third and fourth place game.
You may also want to watch:
They beat Ravenscroft and St Francis on their way to the semi-finals.
Brampton then wrapped up the competition by being crowned champions with a win over Aldersbrook.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 7 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 8 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced