Cricket: Bow Green beaten again
- Credit: Archant
Bow Green slumped to their seventh successive defeat in the Essex County League Premier Division against Redbridge at West Ham Park.
Captain Renford Coulson chose to bat first but saw four of his top six fall for a combined nine runs.
Opener Michael Charles (15) and Patrick Blair (23) reached double figures but the hosts were in trouble at 72-6 before Coulson (26) put on 40 with Kelvin Abraham, who hit a six and three fours in his top scoring 39.
Rayon Younge finished unbeaten on 22 as Green were dismissed for 164 in the 37th over, with Blair and Younge having early success with the ball to leave Redbridge 24-2.
But opener Hayat Ali (67 not out) held firm to steer the visitors to a five-wicket win, as Younge (2-58), Ian Fuller and Morris Seaton took the other wickets to fall.
You may also want to watch:
Bernard Joseph (34 not out) and Joseph Lockhart (29) were the only batsmen in double figures as Green's seconds were shot out for 104 by Neo in a nine-wicket loss.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money