Beagles star Mayowa grabs brilliant bronze
- Credit: Archant
Success for Osunsami in England Championships
Mighty Mayowa Osunsami continued his superb indoor season with an excellent medal at the England age-group Championships at the weekend.
The Essex & Eastern under-20 60 metre hurdle champion, travelled to Belgium last week and put in two fast runs and it warmed him up well for this prestigious competition.
Osunsami won his heat in Sheffield in 8.21 seconds to make the final and there he battled his way to the bronze medal in a time of 8.04, just a hundredth away from the silver medal.
The Tony Jarrett coached youngster
You may also want to watch:
There were other Beagles in action at the Championships with another Tony Jarrett coached youngster in fine form.
Karl Johnson was in the under-20 400m event and in three rounds he managed new personal bests in all of them.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
He began with second place in his heat, clocking 49.52, before improving that in the semis where he was fourth in 49.37.
He could only finish sixth in the final, but he still managed to improve that best to an excellent 49.21.
Aaron Ashmead-Shoye was in three separate events at under-15 level, beginning with the 60m.
There he was fourth in his heat, clocking 7.82, before improving that 7.80 as he was fourth in the semi-final.
He also competed in the 200m where he was third in his heat with a new best of 25.11 and he was 10th in the long jump.
Zoe Thompson managed fourth place in her heat of the under-20 200m, clocking 25.24, while Rotimi Osunsami managed a best of 9.28 in his 60m hurdles heat where he finished seventh.
To complete the Beagles contingent, William Adeyeye was third in his heat of the sprint hurdles as he clocked 8.44 seconds.
And Theo Fadayiro managed a new best of 17.54 metres as he finished seventh in the under-20 triple jump.