Basketball: Keanu Millington impresses for NASSA under-12s in win over Barking & Dagenham Thunder
- Credit: Archant
NASSA under-12s recorded a 61-55 win over their local rivals on Sunday
An 11-point haul from Keanu Millington helped NASSA under-12s to a 61-55 success over their Barking & Dagenham Thunder rivals.
It was a tight game between the two local rivals which took place at the UEL SportsDock on Sunday.
The end of the first quarter saw the teams level at 14-14, before NASSA stepped up a gear to take a well-earned lead into half time.
The hosts continued to impress in the third quarter, before seeing out the game in the final period to triumph.
You may also want to watch:
As well as Millington, Reese Sangur-Castillo nabbed nine points, while Ashley Ferreira scored seven.
‘It was a great day for NASSA and the success is a testament to the hard work from our coaches and players,” said under-12s head coach Leandro Kamosso.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 4 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
“All of the players have worked really hard and we are very proud of the result. It shows that we are still at the top of our game and that we have a lot more to offer.”