Athletics: Viewtube Runners pass Oxford test
- Credit: Archant
Newham’s Viewtube Runners warmed up for the new season with a trip to the Oxford half marathon on Sunday.
Vadim Mindru led their group home in one hour 39 minutes 12 seconds, with Mike Bristow (1:42.37) and Susan McDowell (1:59.23) also beating the two-hour mark.
Ahsan H Zaidi (2:01.25), Harry Papanastasiou (2:06.07), Frank Da Silva (2:11.12), Esme Pontes (2:13.22) and Paul Lewis (2:13.22) were also in action.
Closer to home, a group of five ran the Olympic Park 10k, led by Ivaylo Enchev (44.59) and Sabjan Sama (45.12).
Ellie Page and Rosie Booz both clocked 58.18, while Jenny Winter finished in 62.42 after running a 10k the day before in 58.45.
You may also want to watch:
Andre Ellis paced some of his work colleagues at the Royal Parks half marathon.
Viewtube Runners train every Tuesday and Thursday at 7pm and Sunday at 9am in the Olympic Park area. See runvt.org.uk for more.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 4 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case