Athletics: Jamie Zucker sets new personal best for East End Road Runners at latest ELVIS race
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the East End Road Runners club
East End Road Runners member Jamie Zucker set a new personal best when finishing as the fastest club member at the second race of the East London Fives Interclub Series.
The second event of the 5k series took place in Romford’s Raphael Park, with Zucker clocking 30.52.
There were also new distance bests for fellow members Ian Pithouse (32.08) and Naomi Elliott (36.07).
Also setting new PBs were Adam Dent, Marcella Toth, Paul Dennis, Ulrike Gerstenberg Lydia Omodara, Sarah Bemand, Catherine Apps, Lisa Naylor, Joanna Dorling, Jacqueline Goh, Chris Chilton, Sherry Moran, Jacqueline Fernandez, Allyson Johnson, Sarah Wixey and Yogesh Patel.
You may also want to watch:
Remi Kubar and Katherine Gibson made their distance debuts for the club at the event.
Elsewhere, Igor Maslovs (1.50) and Gary Hunt (1.53) ran the St Albans half marathon, while Richard Charlwood (51.22) completed the Kilmarnock 10k.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
On Sunday, club coach Phillip Minnis held a run/walk to bring communities together following the recent terror attacks.