Zumba helps Stratford school raise cash for PE
Fitness fans have helped raise �1,000 for a school’s PE department by taking part in a series of events including a Zumba party.
The Zumba evening of fitness and intense exercise to music was organised Mrs Jennifer Campbell, a teacher and the PE Coordinator at St Francis Primary School in Stratford.
It was planned to coincide with the school’s Health and Fitness Week to celebrate the Olympics 2012. Events included track and field events, dance and football. Children also got the opportunity to learn about their health, well being and healthy eating. The school raised more than �1,000 for its PE department through sponsorship.
The Zumba event was supported by the “Friends of St Francis” school, its staff and the parents association.
Staff and parents had the chance to fundraise for the school and get fit at the same time. The Caribbean Express Steel Band provided the music.
You may also want to watch:
After the exercise all the participants enjoyed tasty international food.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen