Zumba helps Stratford school raise cash for PE
Fitness fans have helped raise �1,000 for a school’s PE department by taking part in a series of events including a Zumba party.
The Zumba evening of fitness and intense exercise to music was organised Mrs Jennifer Campbell, a teacher and the PE Coordinator at St Francis Primary School in Stratford.
It was planned to coincide with the school’s Health and Fitness Week to celebrate the Olympics 2012. Events included track and field events, dance and football. Children also got the opportunity to learn about their health, well being and healthy eating. The school raised more than �1,000 for its PE department through sponsorship.
The Zumba event was supported by the “Friends of St Francis” school, its staff and the parents association.
Staff and parents had the chance to fundraise for the school and get fit at the same time. The Caribbean Express Steel Band provided the music.
You may also want to watch:
After the exercise all the participants enjoyed tasty international food.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow