Youth charity raises money for Newham Recorder toy appeal
- Credit: Archant
A youth charity has donated money it has raised to the Newham Recorder and Community Links Christmas Toy Appeal.
More than 60 young people from the Challenge Network donated £100 to the appeal last Saturday (November 30) at an event in Durning Hall in Forest Gate.
The Challenge Network’s young members collected donations from their fellow members and staff to raise funds for this year’s Christmas Toy Appeal, which provides disadvantaged children with gifts for Christmas.
Paula Blake, toy appeal co-ordinator for charity Community Links, said: “I think it’s great that young people are taking an interest and supporting the Christmas appeal at such a young age.
“It’s really nice to know they are keen to support families who are most in need of help.”
You may also want to watch:
Newham Recorder editor Michael Adkins said: “We’re very grateful that these young people took the time to raise this money for the Christmas Toy Appeal to make sure every child’s Christmas is special this year.
“I hope everyone will visit their local drop-off point and donate some toys to bring some joy to the lives of the children most in need of their generosity this festive season.”
- 1 £10k reward offered one year after fatal stabbing of Stephen Morrisson
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern welcomes back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 Beckton state school outshines top independents in Mandarin competition
- 7 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Cyclist casualties on borough's roads rise as more people travel by bike
For more information on the Toy Appeal or to volunteer call 020 743 9685 or email email@example.com.
You can also follow the appeal at www.newhamrecorder.co.uk and on Twitter @NewhamRecorder using the hashtag #ToyAppeal.