Youth, 17, remanded in custody accused of killing Liam Woodards at Westfield Stratford
Teenager remanded in custody over killing of Liam Woodards
A teenager appeared in court accused of the murder Liam Woodards at the Westfield Stratford City shopping centre.
The 17-year-old, from Hackney, appeared in custody at the Old Bailey yesterday.
He had been remanded in custody the Central Criminal Court by Redbridge Magistrates two days earlier.
He was held again to re-appear at the Old Bailey on October 17 for a plea and directions hearing.
Another 17-year-old, from Plaistow, appeared in custody at Thames Magistrates Court yesterday accused of violent disorder at Westfield. He was remanded in custody to appear at Stratford Youth Court next Wednesday July 18.
Eleven men have also been accused of violent disorder in the incident in which Mr Woodards, of Grange Road, Plaistow, lost his life.
- 1 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 2 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 3 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 4 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 5 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 6 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 7 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 8 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 9 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 10 Report: 'Significant improvement' in Newham's parks
Nine were remanded in custody to various dates and two were remanded on bail until July 30.