Your handy guide to New Year’s Eve travel
- Credit: PA WIRE
Transport yourself into the New Year this Thursday by taking advantage of free travel across the network between 11.45pm and 4.30am on bus, Tube, tram, Docklands Light Railway and London Overground.
Stay savvy and avoid delays by checking before you travel.
Roads: Some buses will be on diversion or finish early owing to road closures. Roads in central London will start closing to traffic from 2pm to prepare for the New Year celebrations. All closures will be in place from 8pm-6am.
Buses: From around 2pm routes travelling through central London will be diverted or will terminate earlier than usual to avoid the road closures.
London Overground: A Saturday service will operate from Richmond/Clapham Junction to Stratford and on several other routes.
You may also want to watch:
Docklands Light Railway: A normal weekday service will operate until 7.30pm, after which trains will run every 10 minutes.
Check your route at tfl.gov.uk
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley